Ask Me Anything: What if the developer goes bankrupt?

Posted on Oct 5, 2018

Share to Social Media

Compiled by: Tharmini Kenas


Ask Me Anything is a platform for readers to ask about all things property. If you have any inquiries, key in your questions at

Messrs Eunice Tan & Partners founder Eunice Tan answers readers’ queries regarding issues concerning landlords and tenants.

Q: I bought an apartment 15 years ago. The developer went bankrupt and a law firm have taken over. The law firm is charging a very high fee for the strata title. Can I apply the strata title on my own from the land office?

Also, upon paying rent, the firm only issues temporary receipt. Is this a catch to ensure I go through the law firm for the strata title?

A: Once a liquidator is appointed, the liquidator has to work whatever is necessary for the company including but not limited to apply for the issuance of the strata title of the project.

Regarding the temporary receipt, usually if it is a cheque, a temporary receipt will be issued upon payment.


All data and information provided are for informational purposes only. All information is provided on an as-is basis. All users are strongly encouraged to seek professional advice before relying on any data or information provided.

Read More: Ask Me Anything: Solving issues regarding tenancy agreement

Read More: Feng Shui for new house and study place

Read More: Ask Me Anything: Facing up to an auction or sub-sale

Read More: Ask Me Anything: Feng Shui in predetermined office space



Want to contribute articles to Email

Share to Social Media

Back to top Back to News & Articles page Back to Propwall Homepage

Other Related News

Other Related Videos

More related listing

We are proud to present to you some of the best homes, apartments, offices and etc.